Geeky Girl Scents Gift Card
*PLEASE NOTE: All gift cards must be forwarded to the recipient. There is no way for me to send it directly to someone else. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!
All gift cards are electronic and will be sent to the e-mail provided.
Please allow 24 hours for delivery. I have to manually send these and I will do it as quickly as possible!
*PLEASE NOTE: All gift cards must be forwarded to the recipient. There is no way for me to send it directly to someone else. I'm sorry for the inconvenience! All gift cards are electronic and will be sent to the e-mail provided. Please allow 24 hours for delivery. I have to manually send these and I will do it as quickly as possible!
How to Burn a Candle Safely
*WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MISUSE OF PRODUCT
- Before burning, always trim the wick to ¼ inch. You can use a wick trimmer, nail clippers, or scissors. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning, dripping or flaring.
- Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Always use a candleholder specifically designed for candle use. It should be heat resistant, sturdy, and large enough to contain any drips or melted wax.
Burn candles in a well-ventilated room:
- Avoid drafts, vents or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting, and excessive dripping.
- Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations on burn time and proper use. In general, it is recommended that candles do not burn for longer than four hours and cool for at least two hours before relighting.
- When lighting a candle, use long matches or a long-reach lighter. Keep your hair and loose clothing away from the flame.
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.
- Never touch or move a candle while it is burning or while the wax is liquefied.
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 1/2 inch remains in the container or 2 inches if using a pillar candle.
- Place burning candles at least three inches apart from one another. This is to make sure they don’t melt one another, or create their own drafts that will cause the candles to burn improperly.
- Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting.
- Never use a candle as a night light or while you may fall asleep.
- Be very careful if using candles during a power outage. Flashlights and other battery-powered lights are safer sources of light during a power failure. Never use a candle during a power outage to look for things in a closet, or when fueling equipment – such as a lantern or kerosene heater.
When Extinguishing a Candle:
- Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. It’s the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.
- Never use water to extinguish a candle. Water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might break a glass container.
- Make sure the candle is completely out and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
- Don’t touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
- Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder. It might scratch, weaken, or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.
Orders are sent to the shipping address entered on the order form. Make sure the address you entered is complete and accurate. Geeky Girl Scents is not responsible for packages that are non delivered due to incorrect shipping addresses. You will be responsible for all shipping charges if package is returned to our headquarters.
Shipping Times & ReturnsOrders will take between 5-7 days to ship, not including USPS travel time.
Please keep in mind I am not responsible for delivery delays with the post office.
If your package becomes lost, please contact your post office with the tracking number to open a "Lost Mail" case. USPS will then determine the outcome of the package. If they cannot find your package, they will reimburse you for your purchase.
Sometimes items get broken during transit. Once it's in USPS' possession, I have no control of your package. If you receive a broken or unusable item, send me an e-mail with some photos and I will send you a replacement at no charge!
All orders shipped to countries outside of the U.S. may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees that are paid by the buyer. The value of payment received cannot be altered to decrease international custom fees. Additional charges for customs clearance must be paid by the buyer at the time of pick up (if applicable). We have no control over these charges. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, and you should contact your local customs office for further information. When customs clearance procedures are required, it can cause delays beyond our control and beyond the original delivery estimates. Feel free to contact your local customs office for further information.
Here's some you might like...